Monday, February 25, 2013

Everyone has a Breaking Point

You found me at a weak spot
and worked at the crack
until I was so raw and open
that both of us
were hurt.

The words were true and
the feelings were true.

We didn't have words
to follow the words
that were said.

A rock in the river
where we diverged,
taking separate roads.

But there's a book
that's well protected,
that protects the true words.
The words I never say,
but the ones I should.

Just the sight of it,
and the world make sense again.
And the wounds aren't so raw,
and the cracks begin to heal.

And I look at you,
you pull me closer,
and we're not so far away anymore.

We're the only ones that matter,
the only ones I worry about.
 I'm not with anyone else,
because you're the only one
who can get through the cracks
and heal them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment