Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Emptiness Inside

Don't say I'm sorry
one more time.
Don't look at me
with that look in your eyes.
Don't hold my hand,
don't kiss my cheek,
don't remember me.

Don't say empty words,
I don't hear them anyway.

You say all the right things
and yet
your actions don't follow through.

Let's get angry,
and yell at each other
and say things we don't mean.
After,
we'll make empty promises
saying that we'll change,
we'll be stronger,
we won't hurt each other anymore.

But the words are empty,
and fall upon deaf ears.

We both know nothing will change,
so we don't yell,
we don't get angry.
We sit in our silence,
understanding the other
in that great misunderstanding
that we share.

We sit in our silence.

The silence I fell in love with.
The silence I miss the most,
the expressionless meaning,
the sweet contradiction
of what is not said
and what is not heard.

I believe your silence.

So don't speak.
Don't say I'm sorry.

And we'll sit in our silence.

together.

No comments:

Post a Comment